Journal of Natural Science Illustration
The Journal of Natural Science Illustration is devoted to in-depth articles of interest to science illustrators in a wide range of subjects. The Journal is published quarterly.
The Journal is availabel in Print and Digital form. GNSI members recieve issuea as part of their membership.
View sample featured articles in the Journal: GNSI Journal Articles
A limited number of past issues are available for sale:
- No. 4, 40pp. - Preparation of museum exhibit art, Ross Board & Esstee Scratchboard history, illustration in Russia.
- No. 5, 34pp. - Gouache Painting, Minnesota botanical art history, 3-D globe painting, specimen preservation in polyester resin.
- No. 6, 40pp. - Creating a Mural, Human Skeleton in Expressive Art, Drybrush Watercolor, Life and Books of Arthur Guptill, Silverpoint Drawing.
- 2008, 28pp. - Digital Art Stigma, Classic Wildlife Diorama, Rudolph Zallinger’s Great Murals, Science Illustration in Brazil
- 2010, 40pp. - Ink Wash Technique, Engineering Principles to Reconstruct Leaf Shape, Compiling the First Wild Flower Guide for Zambia, Fugitive Pigments: An Overview, Murals: Saved From the Trash.