Call For Entries - 2019 Margaret Flockton Award
This annual, international award is for excellence in contemporary scientific botanical illustration, as distinct from botanical art.
It commemorates the contribution Margaret Flockton made to Australian scientific botanical illustration.
The annual exhibition in Sydney includes scientific botanical illustrations from around the world.
The 2019 Margaret Flockton Award for Excellence in Scientific Botanical Illustration will be open for submissions from Jan 14 - Jan 29, 2019. Selected works will be shown at the Royal Botanic Garden Sydney.
The Margaret Flockton Award is unique in art awards in that it recognises and promotes scientific botanical illustration as opposed to botanical art.
With the above in mind, the evaluation of entries is based on the following criteria:
- - Accurate interpretation and portrayal of plant characters and diagnostic features noted in the
- Botanical description
- Technical merit
- Artistic merit
- A Guide to Scientific Illustration: Some of the criteria for evaluation noted in the entry reqquirements
- First prize: AU$5000;
- second prize: AU$2000;
- 3 x Highly Commended.
Points of interest
- all submissions must be digital
- original artworks will no longer be exhibited or sold at the Margaret Flockton Award Exhibition.
- All sales will be via reference to the artist's website or email address - to be supplied with submission.