2018 World Illustration Awards
The World Illistration Awards Call for Entries includes a specific catagorey for our art "Research": Research and investigation to represent, explain or understand information, including illustration supporting academic research, forensic illustration, scientific illustration, natural history illustration, medical illustration, visual informatics and data-visualisation.
Illustrators and their agents are invited to enter work to the World Illustration Awards into one of eight categories. The deadline for entries is February 6, 2018.
In addition to the prestige of being recognized by the World Illustration Awards, there are many tangible benefits:
• This year there are cash prizes for the Overall Winners, sponsored by rOtring: $2,500+ for the Overall Professional Winner, and $1,300+ for the Overall New Talent Winner.
• The Overall Professional Winner will receive 1 full page in Directory of Illustration No. 35, including an online portfolio with 100 images, valued at $2695.
• The Professional Advertising Category Winner will receive an iPad Pro, Apple Pencil and Procreate software package, courtesy of the Advertising Category sponsor Procreate.
• The New Talent Advertising Category Winner will receive a Procreate software package, courtesy of the Advertising Category sponsor Procreate.
• All category winners will be given a complimentary annual AOI membership, valued at $215+.
Be seen by Art Buyers & Art Directors:
• Selected entries will be promoted across our extensive industry networks as soon as they come in.
• All entrants will have their work seen and judged by industry professionals, which may lead to commissions.
• All 200 shortlisted and winning entries are included in a full color, 128-page catalog, direct mailed to 1,300 major art buyers and art directors worldwide
• All shortlisted and winning entries will be showcased on the Awards site in dedicated online portfolios.
• All shortlisted artists will have their work promoted across the AOI’s industry networks.
• All shortlisted and winning entries will be presented in a high-profile exhibition at Somerset House, London held in June 2018.
• All shortlisted entries have the opportunity to be selected for a touring exhibition which receives over 40,000 visitors every year.
Submissions can be made online through the dedicated entry form.
The deadline for entering the Awards is February 6, 2018.
Single entries cost only $33 per entry.
Multiple entries are $60.