5 Reasons Your Camera Won’t Steal My Job
GNSI member Kalliopi Monoyios presents 5 Reasons Your Camera Won’t Steal My Job as part of her guest blogging at Scientific American.
Kapi writes: By far the most common question I get when I tell people that I am a scientific illustrator is one variation (some more tactful than others) of, “They still use illustrators? Why don’t they just photograph everything?” In fact, it’s a great question. Although photography is fantastically impressive and can offer glimpses into worlds both big and small, it has limitations just like any other medium. That’s where we illustrators get to fill in the blanks.
1. Photography can’t capture small things
2. Photography can’t capture distant things
3. Photography can’t capture extinct things
4. Photography can emphasize the wrong things
5. Finally, photography is just one tool
To read this well written presentation, hop on over to the Symbiartic Blog.