This policy applies to all of the GNSI’s physical activity and online social media accounts, although they may vary based on platform specifics. The GNSI respects the privacy of its members and that of the public interacting with us. We do not sell or distribute any member information. Content submitted to us is used for the specific purposes noted and is shared only within our organization unless it additionally applies to other social media accounts or venues hosting our exhibitions or conferences.
Effective Date: 25th May, 2018
GNSI address: P.O. Box 42410, Washington, DC 20015
Website address: www.gnsi.org
What we store:
GNSI assumes you have consented for us to use your personal data if you have:
- Provided information on the membership or membership renewal form
- Submitted an entry form when entering an exhibition
- Purchased GNSI merchandise or publications
- Registered for a GNSI event
- Made a donation to GNSI
Information GNSI may collect and retain:
- Contact information (including name, addresses, website URL, phone)
- Username and password
- Member Directory profile information
- Any information you choose to post about yourself and your art
- Mailing and/or physical address for shipping products or artwork
- Your messages to the services, benefits and features (including chat logs, feedback forms)
- Other data you choose to give us (including data to identify a lost account)
- Social Media addresses
Information that can be seen on the website:
- Only information you permit on your Membership Profile, and with your consent to have it displayed to the public.
- Members can choose to be included in the directory or not.
- A registered user on the website can see members’ professional contact information (i.e., name, country email, website, social media, etc.)
- Members who choose to be included in the directory will have the information visible to the registered user and in addition, their subject expertise, technical expertise and other information yet to be determined.)
How we use your information:
- Creating accounts and allowing you to use our benefits and features
- Operating or managing the webpage and any informational notices and publications
- Verifying and confirming payments
- Tracking membership
- Tracking Chapter members and Events
- Keeping a record of artwork displayed at GNSI exhibitions
- Providing and delivering products and services you request from the webpage or events
- Sending you GNSI-related communications, including email Newsletter and Journal
- Developing and improving the benefits, features and visitor experience
- Providing social features as part of the GNSI benefits
- Responding to your comments, questions and providing support
- Sending you related information, such as updates, security alerts, and support messages
We keep no financial information about you.
Data from exhibition entries are used solely for the purpose of administering the exhibition, including but not limited to: judging of artwork, tracking member status, publicity communications about the exhibition, show programs, art labels and GNSI website graphics.
Information we may receive from our partners.
- Data we receive if you link a third party tool (such as Facebook, Constant Contact, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo, PayPal or Google)
- Data from platforms that GNSI websites are hosted on (i.e., to verify payment)
- Data for advertising and analytics purposes, so we can provide you with better benefits.
Who might see your information:
Apart from GNSI, your data can be accessed by others in the following situations:
- Partners Working for GNSI. GNSI has partners that perform services for us. These partners process your data only at and according to GNSI´s instructions to provide services and benefits, such as hosting, advertising, mailing of newsletters and the Journal, analytics and fraud prevention.
- Other companies and public authorities. In order to combat fraud and illegal activity, we may exchange data with other companies and organizations and provide it to public authorities in response to lawful requests. GNSI may disclose your data based on your consent, to comply with the law or to protect the rights, property or safety of us or others.
- Advertising and Social Media partners. GNSI benefits include features from our partners, such as social media interaction tools. These partners may access your social media data, and operate under their own privacy policies. We encourage you to check their privacy policies to learn more about their data processing practices.
International information transfers:
Our service is global by nature and your data can therefore be transferred to anywhere in the world. Because different countries may have different data protection laws than your own country, we take steps to ensure adequate safeguards are in place to protect your data as explained in this Policy.
Your rights concerning your information:
You may request that we delete certain personal information we may hold about you. This does not include data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes. If you wish to know the basic membership data we hold, please contact the GNSI Membership Director ([email protected]).
How we protect your information:
- Security Safeguards. We are regularly developing and implementing administrative, technical and physical security measures to protect your data from unauthorized access or against loss, misuse or alteration.
- Data retention. We retain your information for as long as your membership is active or as needed to provide you GNSI benefits. Note that if you ask us to remove your personal data, we will retain your data as necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements, and historical analysis.